2012 was a wild ride of a year. Business improved greatly over 2011, and still has plenty of room for future growth. I’m excited about what 2013 holds for our parent company, Gardner Glass Products, and the world of Dreamwalls. But it’s always helpful to look back at one’s accomplishments, so here are a few professional high points in my year:
- Celebrating 50 Years in Business. It’s no small feat to be able to survive economic downturns, ownership changes, and industry shifts for any business in today’s world. Our resilience and ethics are key to achieving our longevity, and we look forward to serving our customers for many years to come. (On a related side note, I celebrated 19 years with the company in July! And yes, I did start when I was 4.)
- I was named to US Glass’ 2012 “The Industry’s Most Influential” list in the Decorative Glass Industry. What an unexpected honor, and I was flattered to be included in such a list.
- NeoCon in Chicago was an amazing amount of fun, where I got to meet some of our Twitter friends face-to-face,…which is always really great.
- I was a judge for Decorative area of the Glass Magazine Awards. It was a thrill to have a front-row seat to see so many great, creative products going on in the world.
- I was sworn in as President of the Mirror Division of the Glass Association of North America. Serving a 2-year term, this has been a wonderful experience and honor for me and our company, and I look forward to helping further the use and education of mirror and decorative glass.
Thank you to all the wonderful designers, bloggers, business people, and experts I’ve had the pleasure to speak with in 2012. I look forward to growing the world of Dreamwalls even more in 2013, and look forward to adding you to the party.